Sunday, February 3, 2013

Christmas Quilts

I know, I know it has been a while since my last post.  We have been busy!  I wanted to post a picture of the last quilt I made.  It was given as a Christmas present to my brother.  I love the simplicity of the black and white chevrons for a guy.  I used half square triangles and it went together beautifully.  The quilting was done with a walking foot using 1/4 inch measurements from the seams following the chevron only on the white rows.  I meant it to be a throw quilt, but he went home and put it on his bed even though it isn't quite big enough and he loved it!  And this is the last quilt made with my old singer machine.  I sold it yesterday to a nice lady who needed a upgraded machine!  I hope she likes it.  



 Also I have a picture of a pillow I made for a gift for my mom which I used scraps from a quilt I made her a couple of years ago. I used different width strips I think 1-4 inches randomly and again quilted with a 1/4 measurement from the seams.  Simple and bright!


I will be posting again soon with pictures of new fabric that I am using to make dearest husband a quilt finally... I think I have made everyone in my family except him a quilt.  He is well overdue! I will be using my new Janome 6300 which I received as a Christmas gift and she sews like a dream!

Happy Quilting,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment