Wednesday, February 13, 2013

First Quilt

Here is my FIRST QUILT!  I got my first basic singer sewing machine for Christmas 2010.  I decided I wanted to start quilting and I decided to make my puppy dog a quilt (this is before I had a little boy).  Also my dog wouldn't judge how terrible my first quilt came out.  I was teaching myself as I went and following a pattern from a library book and you tube tutorials.  I didn't know you were supposed to hand stitch the binding so that was machine sewn.  It's browns and pinks for my dog Daisy.  Try not to make too much fun of my quilt, I have come a long way in such a SHORT time!  The old adage is true "Practice makes Perfect" I am still a long way from perfect but you get the point.  


The quilt is a 4 square patch alternating with a brown square.  I quilted in simple diagonal lines which was hard for my first quilt as well.  If I remember I used chalk to draw the lines straight.


She still snuggles under the quilt in the wintertime.  The quilt has been washed many times and is holding up well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment