Sunday, February 17, 2013

Baby Crib Rail Teething Bumper



So once my son got to the age when he was standing and teething he decided he was born part Beaver. He made a few chew marks on the railings of the beautiful crib we had been given as a gift when I was pregnant.  I wanted to get a Teething Bumper made ASAP!  My friend Melissa of Sew Sassy Creations had already made one for her son (born on the same day as my son!).  She makes all kinds of beautiful scarves and T shirt quilts on etsy.  Her site is ShopSewSassy.  She will also custom make the Teething Bumpers for you.  I stuck with our elephant theme and found cute fabrics at Hancock.  I used gray ribbon, gray and yellow fabric which matches our nursery.  They have been on the crib for months and no more teeth marks!  Here is a picture of how mine came out.  Melissa's were made from Sock Monkey fabric because that is her nursery theme (How cool!)




Simple and beautiful!  I quilted in the "ditch" so I could get them on the crib ASAP so it wasn't anything fancy as far as quilting. I love the look!  You could make them for yourself or even buy already "quilted" fabric from the fabric store and cut it to the size you need and add ribbon and binding.  




Please feel free to comment below for questions on how to make the bumper or how to contact Melissa to make one for you.  She does a great job and gets everything shipped quickly.  Its also a great way to support a hard working Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment